Green beans and potatoes, braised in a fresh tomato and extra virgin olive oil sauce is one of Greece’s most popular vegetarian dishes. This simple and flavoursome recipe is also a one pot wonder!
- 1 x kg green beans, washed & ends trimmed
- 6 x baby potatoes, peeled & halved
- 5 x ripe Roma tomatoes, blended into a sauce
- 1 x Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 x cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 x cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x cups water
- Add oil to a large saucepan and add string beans. Saute for two minutes.
- Add fresh tomato sauce, onion and garlic and saute for another few minutes.
- Add potatoes, zucchini, water, salt and pepper and stir.
- Lower heat to medium and allow to cook with lid on, for an hour or until beans are tender and water has reduced. Stir frequently.
*Recipe and Image by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)