Kolokythakia tiganita (zucchini chips) are a simple and delicious starter, side, or even as a snack that can be eaten any time of the day!
You can serve these zucchini chips as they are, otherwise drizzle some lemon on top, crumble some Feta cheese on them; otherwise, we also like to pair them with tzatziki (dip).
– 6 x zucchinis, sliced very fine
– 1.5 x cups plain flour
– salt & pepper to taste
– 1 x cup olive oil for frying
– Lightly salt zucchini slices and set aside.
– Place flour in a large plastic bag and add pepper and zucchinis. Seal bag shut.
– Shake the bag for a minute or so, till flour completely covers all zucchini slices.
– Add oil to the frying pan and allow to heat.
– Working in small batches, place zucchini slices in hot oil and lightly fry until golden brown on each side.
– Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
– Place on serving platter and serve while hot.
Image and recipe by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)