Tiropsomo is a soft and airy homemade bread filled with creamy Feta cheese. Perfect as a starter or side, this delicious bread is easy to make and will be a definite hit amongst all cheese lovers!
- 600 x grams plain flour
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 7 x grams yeast
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1.5 x cups lukewarm water
- 400 x grams Feta cheese
- pepper, to taste
- Place flour, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre and add salt, water, and olive oil.
- Knead the mixture with your hands, until you get a smooth-like dough. If it seems a little dry, add a few more drops of lukewarm water.
- Place cling wrap over the bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes, for the dough to rise.
- In the meantime, crumble Feta and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place baking paper sheet on a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- When the dough is ready, divide into 2 equal pieces.
- Take one piece and place it onto baking paper. Using your hands, gently form a round shape base.
- Place Feta all over the base and sprinkle with pepper.
- Form another piece of dough into a round shape and place evenly on top of each other. Press the sides down to close.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or till golden brown.
*Recipe and Image by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)