Lahanosalata is a traditional Greek salad, frequently prepared in the winter months and a favourite for the Christmas festive season!
- 1/4 green cabbage
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 x red & 1 x green capsicum
- 1 x cup shallots
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1/4 cup Greek olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop your cabbage and carrots. You can use a cheese grater on a large setting, which works well for the cabbage and carrots. Set aside in large bowl.
- Chop shallots and capsicum and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl add the lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and diced garlic. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and add salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
*Recipe and image by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)