Rizogalo, Greek Rice Pudding is one of Greece’s most popular desserts among kids and adults alike. This creamy and delicious sweet can be served both warm and chilled, making it the perfect dessert all- year- round!
- 1 x cup rice
- 2 x litres full cream milk
- 1 x cup sugar
- 3 x tablespoons cornflour
- 1 x teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 x cup water
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Place milk, rice, and sugar in a saucepan and cook on high heat, constantly stirring ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Bring milk to a boil and add vanilla sugar. Continue stirring for a few minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and allow to cook for around 40 minutes (stir constantly).
- Add cornflour into 1/2 cup of water and stir until it dissolves.
- Slowly add the dissolved cornflour into a saucepan and stir for a few minutes (if you see that the mixture is too runny- add another tablespoon of cornflour, or if too thick- add a drop of milk).
- Place rice pudding into bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm, or cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Recipe and Images by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)