Red peppers are used in various Greek dishes and although this recipe is simple it is extremely flavoursome. Having originated in Florina, Macedonia, where this popular pepper is cultivated, you can also dry and pickle peppers and keep them stored in jars for months.
- 1 kilo red sweet peppers
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- wine vinegar to taste
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Drizzle peppers with olive oil and place them on paper lined baking tray in the oven at high temperature (around 200 degrees Celsius) until their skins start turning black. Turn over and repeat on other side.
- Place the roasted peppers in a plastic bag and seal for around 10- 15 minutes and allow them to sweat.
- Open the bag and peel. Remove and discard the skin and seeds from inside.
- Allow to cool and then add salt, pepper, and garlic. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil before adding a splash of wine vinegar.
Recipe and Images by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)