We have given the famous French Toast a Greek spin by using ingredients that are featured in a traditional Baklava- walnuts, cinnamon, ground cloves, honey and a dash of fresh lemon juice- creating an ideal Saturday or Sunday morning brunch!
I first shared this delicious recipe back in 2015, on my former food blog Flavours & Flair, and it was one of the most popular breakfast ideas by far. It even caught the eye of Hollywood A-lister Gwyneth Paltrow and her team over at goop!
– 8 x thick slices bread
– 4 x eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/4 x cup milk
– 1 x cup walnuts, chopped
– 1 x tablespoon cinnamon sugar
– 1 x tablespoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 x tablespoon ground cloves
– 2 x tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– Greek honey for drizzling
– olive oil for cooking
– In a large bowl whisk eggs and milk and set aside.
– In a small bowl add cinnamon sugar, ground cinnamon and ground cloves, stir with spoon and set aside.
– Add olive oil to coat bottom of frying pan and allow to heat.
– Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
– Place egg coated slice into hot frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (on medium heat), or until golden brown.
– Repeat process till all slices have been cooked.
– Place French toast on to serving dish.
– Top each with walnuts, then lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and clove mixture.
– Drizzle with honey and a drop of lemon juice.
Recipe and Images by IN+SIGHTS GREECE © (Copyright)